The engine is great and works nicely but its definetly getting stale by now.
Not only you used the same engine than most of your latest games, but also you recycled the concept and only changed a few things. I'm not saying it's a bad thing regarding you own commercial purposes (which is great by the way to keep milking a little engine for so long), but origonality-wise it's has already reached it's peak and you'll need to make some strong new features to make it feel new or focus a new genre.
-- I don't know.. is it just me or there's nothing really NEW about the beat-em-up engine you've been using for the past few games... It's more of a re-skinning with a few tweaks of other beat-em-up games with the same programmer.
Nice concept but...
There's this bug that I dont thinks it intentional.. if you crash against the mountain border right where the detroyable wall begins you'll go through and fall anyway... I doubt that it was intended since.. well.. the destroyable wall is there for a reason!
it's still just another match-3 game
Nothing new really... the 'get the pieces down' gimmick isn't enough to make the game stand out on it's own amongst other match-3 games.
This genre is sadly saturated already
Nice, yet needs some improvements
-The game mechanics are quite simple and reminds me of what I did for a fighting game of my own. Nothing says easy gameplay for a fighting game than using the scheme of Super Smash Brothers
- Fidelity to the characters. I know its based on the sprites of some of the naruto games but at least you were sure that all characters had their specials and powers done correctly.
- Graphics and animations, again, no necesarily your own doing, but the menues and such are nice too.
- AI is lousy, too easy. I never actually fell threatened by it even once.
- Needs hit-sparks, you cant really tell if you connected a hit because the knockback is sometimes too little to notice and the characters are too small to notice that their face is in pain. Hit sparks can reveal that you either hitted them or they blocked or whatever
- Needs 'Freeze frames' on contact. Pretty common on every fight game to pick up the sensation of a connected hit. Check any SF or KOF and check the difference when a hit connects with the other player and when it doesnt. You'll notice that there's a fraction of a second where the action is frozen just so the player get the feeling that the hit actually connected (you know.. because it hit actual 'meat' and not just thin air).
Otherwise is a nice game but needs some polishing all round
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.